I be on dat Kryptonite.

By 11:03 AM

....Either I wasn’t living up to my potential or I was just the average chick....

-'Wife...woman...friend... Pt. 1' Dana Gilmore

~~~

Today is Sunday. According to J.E.W., the haze clears your eyes on a Sunday. So by haze, for me, that means sleep. My mom woke me up from my afternoon nap to announce we had guests. Aunt Joylyn and Thandi had come over.

I haven't seen Aunt Joylyn since sports... and Thandi since like Christmas. It was fun.

Thandi and I were talking about schools and such. She was saying that she doesn't regret taking a few years off to work, rather than rushing to go straight to University. After working, one has a greater appreciation for university, if one intends to seek further education. Her arguments on the subject - I agree with.

When you're working and you're at the bottom, taking orders from those higher than you, it can be a frustrating and trying experience at times. For some, they grow to accept it with, what i would call, a defeatist attitude. They become accustomed to it, and whilst they complain it reaches a stage where it doesn't really matter. For others, they just run away to some other job, and keep running. And for the rest of people, it serves as a motivator. It compels one to strive to be the boss, the one making decisions - hopefully better, to be more....

Don't get me wrong, I am speaking generally and I adore my job - at times, the kids have their moments. I adore my colleagues and my boss, i couldn't have asked for a better work environment. But i would be lying if i didn't think they were moments when i thought to myself 'I want more than just this... there has to be more than just this...'.

And while i think i would like to stay in the teaching profession, i can see beyond the horizon a bit clearer. I have the clarity, the objectives, in mind to proceed (almost) surefooted into University and not waste too much time. I think as time progresses i may still end up teaching, if not full-time then part-time somewhere... I like it...

~~~

I have some plans in motion. Some things to be accomplished by the year's end.

Ooooh excitement.

Delightful.

Shelli out.

Ohhh...
P.S.


"I love you" is 8 letters... so is "bullsh*t"
-Modesty


heh... that was her sn... i thought it was funny as hell. Reminds me of an icon i found - 'He said,"I love you", I said "Sorry hunny, i'm allergic to B.S."

I couldn't help myself. It's another one of my recycled posts from Kisses. Well, an excerpt from an old post. I'm going to mark some English papers. Shelli Out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments