Happy days, chasing the clouds away...

By 8:34 PM

I AM.
therefore...
I am.
that is all.
any questions?

~~~

Today was a good day. Also daddy's birthday. SO firstly, happy birthday daddy.


I had fun at work. Of course there are the trying classes, but they weren't that bad. I generally enjoyed them all. I adore my students - all of them... even the miserable ones.

I taught my Form 3's last period. They were restless and unsettled for class.. I tried my best to settle them and try to create some semblance of a class so that i could leave work for the rest of the week (since i'll be at workshops). In the end, they settled long enough for me to get some vocabulary words in, and to give them homework. Two pieces of writing. Yummy. I hope they meditate, and speculate, and concentrate, and all sorts of '...ates' on it... The homework is based on description of people. I believe i've covered enough to send them out into that wilderness and bring me back something fruitful.

~~~

Truth vs. Fact.

I stumbled across this inadvertently with my form 3's.

How ever did this argument go? And which won it?

i remember Ru and i arguing over this... he can't battle it out tonight - seems we're both too tired from work to argue.

I came up with...

shelli says:
ok, fact is the barest simplest thing that is an absolute in every right
shelli says:
truth is the application of fact in an opinion

Ru says:
What makes a fact a fact
Ru says:
the same thing that makes a truth a truth
Ru says:
that being that it is widely and generally accepted
Ru says:
Like Liz said last thursday
Ru says:
the fact that liquids turn to gas
Ru says:
is only a fact because they heated water and it evaporated
Ru says:
since something else has yet to happen
Ru says:
then its be accepted as truth and fact
Ru says:
Is fact truth
Ru says:
Is truth fact

Ru says:
truth in itself need only be believed
Ru says:
hence creating a world of truth
Ru says:
in which some things are widely accepted by the majority
Ru says:
hence making it a universal truth
Ru says:
sometimes regarded as a fact
Ru says:
but all in all a fact is a proven truth
Ru says:
whereas a truth is an accepted belief so to speak



This is as good as it's going to get tonight... I can't think any harder on the subject... too sleepy...

Ciao y'all.
Shelli out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments