And I...

By 8:32 PM , , , ,

And all I really want is some patience
A way to calm the angry voice
And all I really want is deliverance

And all I need know is intellectual intercourse
A soul to dig the hole much deeper
And I have no concept of time other than it is flying
If only I could kill the killer
-Alanis Morisette "All I really want"

***

I don't have much to blog about...

Ever had a day where you woke up happy, dressed all pretty, planned everything to the T and it started to go all horribly awry because of one minor glitch...? And then it got better in the one way you least expected it, based entirely upon the mere possibility of such an event occuring...? And became annoyed?

As my mom would say... some of us are just too happy.

Atleast there was evidence of a text. Phonecall would've saved the day. Who knows what could've happened? Maybe more game sprinkled with b.s.?

***

Today was Parent Teacher Conference for the Form 1s. My favourite part of teaching..... meeting the parents.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok I'll stop with the sadistic evil laughter.... not!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok now I will.

I met lots of parents... it's always a pleasure to meet students who have parents that take their time to come and hear about their kids... and actually care enough to work with the teacher to help make their children learn better and reach their full potential.

I also, frustrately, realized that some kids are hopeless. Ok, that's not a fair statement. Some of these kids need a bit more guidance and support than others... and those that need it most, lack it severely. Consequently, it transcends and reflects in their grades.

Some of the parents let me go through the report and I realized that some of the children are not just doing badly in my class(English A and Visual Arts), they're generally performing poorly. The thing is these kids are not stupid either. I know they're not. The teachers, we all know they're not. We know they're not working at their full potential...

It just becomes a question once more of... what more could we do, as teachers, to reach you, as students? How can we connect the gap between where you are and where you could be? Eliminate the hindrances stopping you from getting there..?

*rubs face thinking defeated thoughts*

I have this idea for my Form 2s... I'm trying to incorporate film into my classes. I shall post in greater detail later on... and how it's progressing. If all goes as planned, my girls should be watching "The Great Debaters" next week.

I must think up something to reach my Form 1s... there must be something I haven't thought of...

I'll ask Sher what's her technique... And Carly... hmm....

Hmm... yes... I'll try and do that tomorrow...

OR post a suggestion.

***

I'm off to La la land.
Shelli out.

Oooh...
P.S. I took a huge Shelli Independence Step... I went to the doc all by myself.
Lol.

You Might Also Like

0 comments