If that mocking bird don't sing... ♫

By 12:57 PM ,

*Long Photo Post*

Bio field trip to the mangroves...

Nearly missed the field trip altogether. I went to bed early, set my alarm for 5.30am --- barely woke up at 5.50... Dragged myself out of bed and tried to put down some breakfast, which mind you, was a fail. I can't keep food down early in the morning (before 8-9) unless I'm actually hungry. I was supposed to be on campus for 6.45 am - I made it to Maurice Bishop highway after 7... >.< Don't say it. I've been punctual for my other field trips. Don't let my notorious record fool you into thinking this was my usual lateness...

Anyways I made it! Photo session ahead....

Mangrove Habitat - Woburn




Common Moorhen






***
Little Blue Heron
Adult & Juvenile (white)

 ***
Umm... Get back to you on this one


***
Then we went by the Rex Grenadian Hotel...
By their ponds...

Sandpiper





Magnificent Frigate Bird

Litte Blue heron

Grackle


Green Heron




Tri-Colored Heron




Zenaida Dove


***
Yellow-Crowned Night Heron





Juvenile Stage of Yellow Crowned Night Heron







...the pond
 ...bird enthusiasts


Yea... I didn't know we had all these birds in Grenada before either. There's a few I didn't get on camera like the Ruddy Turnstone (too far), Great Blue Heron (too fast), Eared Doves (too dark...well the shots I got), the snipe (too quick)...

Enjoy. To get any photo bigger just click on it. 

Ciaoz...
Shelli out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments