Peyton: My pen is the barrel of a gun. Remind me which side you should be on.

By 9:24 PM ,

Long quotes post ahead...
***
Brooke Davis: I love you, Lucas, and I probably always will... but we go days without having a meaningful conversation... and I used to miss you so much when that happened... but it never seemed like you missed me. And I guess because of it I stopped missing you. I mean look at today... 
Lucas Scott: [Thinking] I guess I should've said something... anything... I mean, for a guy who wants to be a writer, it suddenly seemed like no words had ever been written. But when someone tells you that they somehow stopped missing you, you're pretty much screwed, no matter what you say. 
- Quote from TV show 'One Tree Hill'

I can't possibly be the only one who misses this show. I know it's still running but it's not the same...and you know a show has lost its fire when you have to start killing off major characters and resort to trekking through heaven in out of body experiences to get views. I mean... it's ok now. But it was awesome before.

Each episode would open with some poignant voice over quote. The story initially revolved around Lucas, his discovery of a brother(Nathan who falls in love with Lucas' best friend Haley) and who his father really is, indecision with his girlfriends - Broke and Peyton (who coincidentally are best friends), etc. He's the typical gray-ish eyed, blond hair, lanky loner, mysterious artistic type that girls swoon over... You know, the type that no matter how much he screws up you still go "awwwwww...." and want to give him another chance and try to fix him.

What I loved most about the show were the quotes. It must've had/have some good writers to come up with such deep words for dramatic moments... Also, the music always flowed with the overall mood themes.

Anyways, it's Friday. Unsurprisingly I'm super tired and I have another field trip in the early morn to be all ready and sprightly for.

Therefore I shall conclude with more quotes...

More quotes?


Brooke: Okay. Read it. Just skip to the last line. Go ahead. 
Lucas: What's wrong with the last line? "You're mine forever." Sounds pretty damn good to me. 
Brooke: Yeah. Sounds great. Sounded even better when I read it the first time last spring in another letter you wrote. To Peyton! 

***

Teacher: There are two tragedies in life. One is to loose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it. 
***
Mouth: [voiceover] Because sometimes you have to step outside of the person you've been and remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are.
***
Brooke: [voiceover] And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely.
***
Nathan: [voiceover] And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But losing your reason for the journey...is a fate more cruel.
***
Lucas: [voiceover] Oliver Wendell Holmes once said: Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out.
***
Nathan: You know it's been said that we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they are happening. We grow complacent with ideas, or things or people and we take them for granted and it's usually not until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you've realized how wrong you've been that you realized how much you need it, how much you love it. God, I love this game.
***
You ever look a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background?. It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other peoples life have we been in. Were we a part of someone's life when their dream came true or were we there when their dream died. Did we keep trying to get in? As if we were somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise. Just think, you could be a big part of someone elses life, and not even know it. - Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray)


***

Deuces.

You Might Also Like

0 comments