I'd like to have a vodka with a splash of fml,please?

By 7:15 AM , , ,

Does I know what me is doing?
I dunno...
Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

***

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted on fb that the thing that destroys lives the most are two words in the English language............... "They say"

I remember chuckling to myself and hitting the "like" button, and wishing I could hit it multiple times because that is indeed true. People's commentary. There is always someone with information to carry be it "he say/she say/they say" so that "ah hear that..." can work as a starter.

How does it destroy lives? Because it leads to uncertainty. In a situation where a modicum of doubt existed, the smallest dash of "they say..." is all that is needed to make that modicum grow. Sometimes the doubt is valid, sometimes it's not. It's all a matter of perception. And of course, thus far in all our lives, we've had instances where our perceptions have misled us into hasty decisions or actions or assumptions. For example, the simple mistaken identities where you swear you see your friend walking ahead, and when you get closer you realize it's the wrong person. Or, post-scary movie, every sound and shadow is converted to "must-be-real" imagery from the movie. The list goes on and on, but this isn't a post about perception.

This is a post about uncertainty. Therefore, due to some rather amusing events that I'm sure I'll look back and chuckle to myself about, I retract my words. "They say" isn't the most dangerous thing - doubt is. "They say" means nothing in a situation where doubt doesn't exist. Thus, leading to trust.

The most important, defining moment, is trust. How much do you trust me?

I've had my share of small scale "he say/she say" recently. I also realize how easy it is to get caught up with it and try to rectify something. But you can't really stop that ball from moving. What you can do, however, is focus on that which you trust and have control over...

There will always be people's commentary. It's up to you to figure out what you need to know and whether you actually know it. If you do, that commentary would mean naught. If you don't, get ready for the roller-coaster doubt ride.


Pay no more mind to what you think you've seen
It's as they do only
Say what they say
'Cause there's only one way
They-Say Vision
It takes you back to just where you want
Like when you ain't know no way 
-"They-say vision" Res

Shelli out.

P.S. I just realized the smell of mosquito coils brings me back to childhood memories of my babysitter. Hmm... and "they say" scent is the most powerful memory trigger....lol

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i like this post, i agree, it all co0mes down to trust indeed :)

    ReplyDelete