Happy

By 5:13 PM

"...And even if I foresaw this
I just pushed it aside
to find a way to help you
make it work..."

But the truth is,
You don't see a way.
All you see is me
Grasping,
Stretching,
Reaching,
Frantically clutching,
Hoping,
Crying,
Wishing,
Dreaming...

That fraying ends don't burn
As much as they really do.
That the bleeding finger tips
And the charred, peeling skin
is just part of a reality
within a dream.
Therefore, it doesn't really exist.

All you see is me
in that constant state of denial
You watching, shaking your head
with quiet sighs...
"Don't worry baby,
if it's not ok,
it's not the end.
It's always ok in the end"
And you pull me closer,
Tighter,
Lovingly,
with more love than I've felt in a while.
With more sincerity than I've heard in a while,
With more of everything
and less confusion...
With no breaks.

There is no break,
Just a continuity of energy.
That fills me back with that much faith
That it will be ok in the end.
And I will survive to the end.
And I will be happy in the end....
...With or without you

You Might Also Like

0 comments