I could offer you my warm embrace, to make you feel my love.

By 3:09 PM , , , ,

After an overly melodramatic evening, I woke up this morning with a firm decision to give this optimism thing another go. I kept telling everyone they must take control of their lives; stop behaving as if things just keep happening to them and they have no control over any aspect of it, not even how they react to it. I kept speaking of keeping a positive attitude regardless of the circumstance but at the same time I failed to be the poster child for positivity.

Anyways, I woke up this morning with the echoes of my own words 'think positive, and don't worry, cuz you'll stop the opportunities from presenting themselves.'

Thus far, my day has been a little short of a dream (that is how I know I'm still grounded in reality *wink*). When you walk with purpose you collide with destiny. When you walk with certainty, the universe has but no option but give you what you want... especially when you make it clear there is no other option.

I surprised myself... After walking around expecting the worst, I got my first full-fledged all encompassing A on my Lit midterm essays. Granted, the essays are worth less than the midterm paper which I have yet to write.... But it's still an assignment in and of itself, and I got an A. I arrived late for the exam, I rushed through the essays, I barely finished any of my conclusions, I mis-wrote my citations and had to end up looking through the text IN the exam to find them and it took up so much time and..... I got a 96..! I am... pleasantly surprised. That really did set my day off on an awesome note... And the irony is, I was thinking about how nice my teacher is and that I should probably get her a card at the end of the semester (because you don't stumble across nice/good teachers very often).

Now... I'm feeling slightly more enthused. Now... it means there's a possibility that my History paper that I finished the morning it was due and suffered no sleep to complete... could be an A too... OoOooh how nice that would be. *clasps hands together gleefully with a childlike grin*

Now I'm going to get back to work... Now that my confidence in my writing has been restored with a meagre essay (lol) I feel competent enough to assist my friend... since they want my help with their paper.

***



You said I'm stubborn and I never give in
I think you're stubborn 'cept you're always softening
You say I'm selfish, I agree with you on that
I think you're giving out in way too much in fact
I say we've only known each other one year
You say I've known you longer my dear
You like to be so close, I like to be alone
I like to sit on chairs and you prefer the floor
Walking with each other, think we'll never match at all, but we do
But we do, but we do, but we do

I thought I knew myself, somehow you know me more
I've never known this, never before
You're the first to make out whenever we are two
I don't know who I'd be if I didn't know you
You're so provocative, I'm so conservative
You're so adventurous, I'm so very cautious, combining
You think we would and we do, but we do, but we do, but we do
-Adele 'My same'

***

And..
Shelli out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments